Tesla is hiring Autopilot Software Engineering Internship for Spring 2018 batch. You will help to ensure the great quality of Tesla’s Autopilot software for current and next-generation vehicle programs and working towards Tesla’s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. You will help to ensure a great quality of Tesla’s Autopilot software for current and next-generation vehicle programs and working towards Tesla’s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. You will be contributing to the implementation of the software system that processes inputs from a variety of vehicle sensors, evaluates possible vehicle strategies/trajectories, and automate safe control of the vehicle.
Benefits of Tesla Autopilot Software Engineering Internship 2018
- Career in Tesla
- It’s a paid internship
- Chances to enhance your skill in autonomous vehicles
- Strong C++ coding experience in a Linux platform.
- Demonstrate good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Familiarity with CAN protocol, Driver Assistance features, GPS/Navigation systems, or other automotive applications a plus.
- Experience developing embedded firmware in C for safety-critical applications in production environments.
- Assess the system for failure modes and design resilient and redundant mechanisms to protect against those failures.
- Experience in creating complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems.
- Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar, including the measurement and data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis, and sensor fusion.
- Collaborate with the control systems, simulation and modeling teams to design control strategies that can be implemented in software efficiently.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Palo Alto, CA.