Times of Youth: For those who don’t know about you and your work, can you tell us a little about yourself?
– Hey there, I am Liliya from Bulgaria. Bachelor of philosophy via my university degree, graphic designer by profession, artist in my spare time, mother – all the time..
Times of Youth: What lead you to choosing Art faculty as career?
-A long time ago, a very special person told me that i have to be an artist.. and I believed them..
Times of Youth: What style of artistry do you rather prefer?
– I prefer art made with thought, But also thoughtful art made by accident.
Times of Youth: What has been your biggest moment of pride?
– I always feel proud when I am “guilty” for somebody’s happiness or insight.
Times of Youth: Has your family been supportive of your choice of career path?
-Yes, and I am thankful about that..
Times of Youth: Do tell us one incident which totally changed your life/perspective.
-For sure it was the moment i become a mother. It change my perspective – I was not the center of my inner universe any more..and i think it made me a better person.
Times of Youth: How would you describe your art style in one sentence?
-My art is visualization of my thoughts and intuitions.
Times of Youth: What makes your day? What spoils it?
-When nothing spoils my day – that is what really makes my day.
Times of Youth: Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and discovered a whole new genre of art? How did it turn out?
-Yes for sure. Sometimes when i need some meditation time i draw some realistic stuff. I don’t feel comfort with art like a job, so when I have to do some hard work I am totally out of my comfort zone.
Times of Youth: What is your most important artist tool? Is there something you can’t live without in your studio or while working?
-The white paint, it is always needed so i can correct my mistakes or “correct” the whole artwork and start it again in another way
Times of Youth: Do you have a favorite artist? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
– My favorite artist all the time is Rene Magritte. I respects est-ethics by itself but an artwork without strong concept is not so valuable for me.
Times of Youth: If you were given one wish, what would it be.
– To be given a second one 🙂
Times of Youth: Considering your potential, we believe that you have the power to bring a rational change in the world using your skills. If given a chance, what would you like to do to make this world place a better place?
– I would help people to understand better each other by concetrate on what makes us similar then what makes us different.
Times of Youth: Do tell us how your admirers/fans can reach you to share their appreciation or feedback.
– Everyone can check my work on my FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/nymalba here is also my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Times of Youth: Any advice you’d give to aspiring youngsters who want to enter in arts now or in the future?
-I would advice young people to be brave in art, because life is too short to spend it in imitating somebody else..