Times of Youth: For those who don’t know about you and your work, can you tell us a little about yourself?
– Hey there, I am Liliya from Bulgaria. Bachelor of philosophy via my university degree, graphic designer by profession, artist in my spare time, mother – all the time..
Times of Youth: What lead you to choosing Art faculty as career?
-A long time ago, a very special person told me that i have to be an artist.. and I believed them..
Times of Youth: What style of artistry do you rather prefer?
– I prefer art made with thought, But also thoughtful art made by accident.
Times of Youth: What has been your biggest moment of pride?
– I always feel proud when I am “guilty” for somebody’s happiness or insight.
Times of Youth: Has your family been supportive of your choice of career path?
-Yes, and I am thankful about that..
Times of Youth: Do tell us one incident which totally changed your life/perspective.
-For sure it was the moment i become a mother. It change my perspective – I was not the center of my inner universe any more..and i think it made me a better person.
Times of Youth: How would you describe your art style in one sentence?
-My art is visualization of my thoughts and intuitions.
Times of Youth: What makes your day? What spoils it?
-When nothing spoils my day – that is what really makes my day.
Times of Youth: Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and discovered a whole new genre of art? How did it turn out?
-Yes for sure. Sometimes when i need some meditation time i draw some realistic stuff. I don’t feel comfort with art like a job, so when I have to do some hard work I am totally out of my comfort zone.
Times of Youth: What is your most important artist tool? Is there something you can’t live without in your studio or while working?
-The white paint, it is always needed so i can correct my mistakes or “correct” the whole artwork and start it again in another way
Times of Youth: Do you have a favorite artist? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
– My favorite artist all the time is Rene Magritte. I respects est-ethics by itself but an artwork without strong concept is not so valuable for me.
Times of Youth: If you were given one wish, what would it be.
– To be given a second one 🙂
Times of Youth: Considering your potential, we believe that you have the power to bring a rational change in the world using your skills. If given a chance, what would you like to do to make this world place a better place?
– I would help people to understand better each other by concetrate on what makes us similar then what makes us different.
Times of Youth: Do tell us how your admirers/fans can reach you to share their appreciation or feedback.
– Everyone can check my work on my FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/nymalba here is also my e-mail: [email protected]
Times of Youth: Any advice you’d give to aspiring youngsters who want to enter in arts now or in the future?
-I would advice young people to be brave in art, because life is too short to spend it in imitating somebody else..
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.