The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization whose Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people who have responded with goodwill to Dr. Shigeyoshi MATSUMAE’s call.
Concept of Founder of MIF, Dr. Shigeyoshi MATSUMAE: In order for Japan to coexist peacefully with the other nations of the world, and to facilitate the tasks that await our young people in the 21st century, we are now trying to prepare a forum for Japan’s international activities. In this way, I believe, we will be able to open up a path to the future that will preserve our nation and mankind.
Opportunity: Research Fellowship
Host Institution In Japan: Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
Funded By: The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF)
Fields of Research Study: Fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities.
Eligible Countries & Regions: Open for All (except Japan)
Period & Number of Fellowships: For a period of from three to six months; the number of fellowships is about 20 persons each year.
Benefits of Research Fellowship Programme:
The following supports are provided to the successful applicants-
- Allowance for research and stay: ¥220,000- per month is provided for the purpose of tuition payment, expenses for research materials, and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Insurance: Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death benefit and medical treatment, (2) Sickness insurance with death benefit and medical treatment.
- Air transportation: A coach class round-trip air tickets between an airport nearest to the successful applicant’s domicile and Tokyo via most direct and economical routing is provided. The tickets provided cannot be converted to cash, nor can cash provided by MIF be used for purchasing air tickets.
- Start-up Fund upon arrival: ¥120,000- is provided to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan.
- Study Tour: To promote more profound understanding of Japan’s culture, tradition, and history, MIF organizes a Study Tour during the invitation period in Japan.
- Research Report: MIF issues a “Research Report” containing voluntary reports received from the MIF research fellows upon the completion of the MIF research fellowship stay in Japan.
- Continued Contact: In order to develop the global network among the fellows even after they go back to the home countries, MIF issues various publications and send them to the fellows.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to
submit the required application documents.
1. Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
2. Applicants must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic
3. Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
4. Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
5. Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g.
6. Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon
completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
7. Applicants must be of sound health.
Deadline For Fellowhsip: August 31, 2018
For Further Details: http://www.mif-japan.org/fellowship/announcement/?hl=en
For More Fully Funded Scholarships: https://www.timesofyouth.com/scholarships/
For More Fully Funded Opportunities: https://www.timesofyouth.com/fully-funded/
Fully Funded Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2018 in Dubai
Are you from South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East or Africa? Are you a current or recent undergraduate?...
Fully Funded MIF Research Fellowship Programme 2019 in Japan
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization whose Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people...
Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship 2018-2019
DAAD has a long tradition of uniting people and academia. Founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of...
Fully Funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance...
Full Scholarship at Harvard University for MBA
The Harvard MBA is one of the world’s leading business programmes, taught at one of the world’s most prestigious Universities....
Fully Funded Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
These fully funded scholarships give talented students – who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country...
Full Scholarship by Macedonian Government
The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia is offering fully funded scholarship for students who...
Artist of the week
Racism & Literature: Examining literature for answers
How The Idea Of International Travel In Literature Became A Forerunner For Anti-Racist Movements As the reader transitions into the...
Anderson thwarts Federer’s romantic reunion with Nadal at Wimbledon
On Wednesday evening, the cathedral of tennis, the grass of SW 19, saw one of the biggest upsets witnessed in...
Dear Instagram: What’s on your mind?
Dear Instagram: what leads you to introduce features as astute as the questions’ sticker? After revolutionizing the story feature in...
Twitter reportedly suspended 70 million accounts in past two months in crackdown
Twitter Inc suspended more than one million accounts a day in recent months to reduce the flow of misinformation on...
After 2020, 90% of the jobs will require digital skills
The technology-driven world in which we live is a world filled with promise but also challenges. Powerful new technologies are...
19 Year Old Pakistani Wins Princess Cup
Hammad Hadi Khan wins 29th Princess Cup International Youth Tournament Pakistan continues to dominate the world of youth scrabble! Hammad Hadi...