Are you from South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East or Africa? Are you a current or recent undergraduate? Are you a first-generation college student?
If the answer to these questions is “YES!”, you may be eligible to apply for the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute’s Second Annual Crossroads Program, a unique, fully-funded opportunity to learn from Harvard professors, who will be teaching an intensive, multidisciplinary curriculum in Dubai from September 23-27, 2018.
The 2018 program will run from September 22 – 29, 2018 at the DIFC Academy of the Dubai International Financial Centre (Dubai, UAE). Leading Harvard faculty will teach an intensive, multidisciplinary five-day curriculum in Dubai, for accomplished, motivated youth.
Country: United Arab Emirates
Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
Funded By: This program is a collaboration between the Mittal Institute and the Harvard Business School Club of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). Their partners are DIFC, Air Arabia, Dubai Future Accelerator and Expo 2020. The co-sponsors are Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University, and the Harvard University Center for African Studies.
Benefits of Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program:
The program will cover the costs of international travel, board, lodging and class materials.
- Applicant must be a holder of a valid passport from the Africa, South Asia, Middle East and Central Asia.
- The first member of a family – or the first generation within a family – to attend college.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate in a college, can provide proof they begin undergraduate studies in Fall 2018, or a recent graduate from a college (within three years).
- Fluency in English.
Application Procedure: You will need to submit the following materials:
- Online application through CARAT.
- Copy of your Passport
- Academic transcript official or unofficial document showing the students grades.
- A personal statement of 600 words or less describing why you are applying for this program. Documents must be in English, double-spaced, and in 12-point size font.
- Two letters of recommendation uploaded directly to CARAT. Letters should offer insight into the students’ academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges. Letters must be in English.
- Any applications that are not in English will not be considered. Any applications that do not have both recommendation letters
-PDF files are preferred for application materials.
-Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.
Deadline: June 30, 2018, 11:59PM EST.
For Further Details: http://www.hbsgcc.org/s/1738/cc/index.aspx?gid=36&pgid=61
For More Fully Funded Opportunities: https://www.timesofyouth.com/fully-funded/
For Fully Funded Scholarships: https://www.timesofyouth.com/scholarships/
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.