Deadline: March 17, 2016
Type: Legal Research Internship
Location: Open Society Foundation Offices in New York, Washington, D.C. and Budapest.
Open to: Students currently enrolled in a relevant law school or graduate program of any nationalities.
The Open Society Justice Initiative encourages law school and other advanced degree graduate students to join their team as Legal Research Interns from June through August, 2016. With close supervision by an assigned mentor, interns will learn about the various tools available for researching issues, engaging in oral and written persuasive techniques, and drafting reports and legal memoranda related to human rights related advocacy in the areas of focus of the Justice Initiative.
- Currently enrolled in a relevant law school or graduate program.
- Highly motivated and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and analyze and summarize complex information.
- Desire to function in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage working efficiently in a fast-paced environment, troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget, and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft legal and non-legal reports and memoranda for relevant to projects in our four core thematic areas: accountability, liberty and transparency; criminal justice; equality and inclusion; and rule of law.
- Conduct all-source research via websites, Lexis/Nexis, foreign source materials, academic studies, oral interviews of experts, legal and political documents and Library of Congress materials.
- Attend scheduled staff conference calls and relevant meetings hosted by think tanks, nongovernmental organizations and government briefings. Assist with the development of web-site and advocacy materials as needed.
- Attend relevant meetings hosted by think tanks and government and non-government agencies.
Fully Funded Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2018 in Dubai
Are you from South Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East or Africa? Are you a current or recent undergraduate?...
Fully Funded MIF Research Fellowship Programme 2019 in Japan
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization whose Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people...
Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship 2018-2019
DAAD has a long tradition of uniting people and academia. Founded in Heidelberg in 1925 on the initiative of...
Fully Funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance...
Full Scholarship at Harvard University for MBA
The Harvard MBA is one of the world’s leading business programmes, taught at one of the world’s most prestigious Universities....
Fully Funded Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
These fully funded scholarships give talented students – who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country...
Full Scholarship by Macedonian Government
The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia is offering fully funded scholarship for students who...
Artist of the week
Racism & Literature: Examining literature for answers
How The Idea Of International Travel In Literature Became A Forerunner For Anti-Racist Movements As the reader transitions into the...
Anderson thwarts Federer’s romantic reunion with Nadal at Wimbledon
On Wednesday evening, the cathedral of tennis, the grass of SW 19, saw one of the biggest upsets witnessed in...
Dear Instagram: What’s on your mind?
Dear Instagram: what leads you to introduce features as astute as the questions’ sticker? After revolutionizing the story feature in...
Twitter reportedly suspended 70 million accounts in past two months in crackdown
Twitter Inc suspended more than one million accounts a day in recent months to reduce the flow of misinformation on...
After 2020, 90% of the jobs will require digital skills
The technology-driven world in which we live is a world filled with promise but also challenges. Powerful new technologies are...
19 Year Old Pakistani Wins Princess Cup
Hammad Hadi Khan wins 29th Princess Cup International Youth Tournament Pakistan continues to dominate the world of youth scrabble! Hammad Hadi...