Most men usually think that they know what women want, but how sure are they that they're not believing in myths? Honestly, no one can be 100% sure. But still, take it from a woman now, and don't go assuming that women want you to be super macho, sing-song lyrical about cheesy feelings and all those clichés.
Here are some things women really don’t want in a partner or relationship, and what turns their interest on instead.
1. Women want macho men-
If you and your girl are at a lounge and some random guy hits on her, you may think that she wants you to show the trespasser his place until you both are shown your places by the bouncers. However, that will only make you look overtly possessive, which will make her feel rather embarrassed. Yes, women want manly men who know their way to manage all other more important stuff and suffice a household budget, and they will be rarely impressed by flashy brawls.
2. Women want to incessantly talk-
Several esearches pointed out to that women uses 20,000 words a day compared to a man’s humble 7,000. Thus, it’s a known fact that women like to talk — a lot. So albeit, you may think that this means women want to challenge you into longest of conversations, the truth is they just want you to listen, since it’s much more important to her that you hear her out instead of jabber silly remarks or solutions. So if you want to please her, all you have to do is lend her your ears few moments a day with perhaps an undivided attention to go with it.
3. Women want to hear your feelings-
Yes, that's true for mushy women in touchy-feely moments, but majority of the times, its rather girly for them, too. Many women have said they want men who will open up about their feelings. Thus, the metrosexual trend was welcomed, which included men dabbing on the moisturizer and letting their sensitive sides to flow uninhibited. That’s all fine, but don’t open your floodgates just for the heck of it, especially if it’s not your style. When women cry about wanting someone who would express his feelings, they’re actually talking about his intrinsic thoughts and opinions, not badly written poems or cry babies. Talking about stuff makes her feel more included in a man's universe and helps her get to know him better.
4. Women want to be treated equally-
No matter how much women may believe in gender equality, if ever you start treating her like she can fix her own kitchen sink or even the silly laptop in the corner, then you’re in thick trouble. Just because she is apparently capable of looking after herself doesn’t mean you should lose your gentlemanly ways, even if your woman is a loud proud feminist. What women mean when they demand equal treatment is that they want you to only understand and remember always that if need be, they can do things on their own and they won’t need a man for any of it. However, they also want to be looked after and treated with chivalry when a man comes along because it makes them feel special.
5. Women want to be the center of your universe-
A touchy subject for most women. Its like- You start going out with a girl and the next moment she expects to see you all the time, trying to control your leisure and wanting to be the key person in your life. But honestly, practical women don’t want to be the center of your life. They are most attracted to men who already have full lives —job, friends, passions, and interests. Revolving your life around her may become a turn-off eventually, because then you'd come across as desperate or a person with no life of your own. So, sure, go on and give her the prime role, but don’t make her the only character starring in your life — she may most likely get bored in the blinding spotlight.
Finally, to sum it up, after knowing few of the most unwanted things, let's learn what they really look for.
1. When we talk 'listen', it shows us that you care about our feelings.
2. With women communication is the key, so try and talk frequently, but not incessantly.
3. Be smart enough and understand that not all our bad moods are connected to PMS-ing (premenstrual syndrome, for those unaware)
4. Be protective, not possessive.
5. We need our man to proclaim love as often as possible and we leave it to you as to how you wish to show it (but only in good ways).
6. Developing basic sensitivity would help. That however, does not mean that they need to cry at the drop of a hat, it just means you need to be more sensitive towards us.
7. We wish men would display chivalry, making an extra effort with our friends and family, and maturity to handle things with care, because we do the same!
8. Masochism is not proportional to the speed at which you drive your car. Reckless driving is a dead turn off.
9. Cook for us once in a while - this one may sound like a cliche, but we love surprises, especially delicious ones. So an occasional effort wouldn't hurt, would it?
10. Last but not the least- always always always remember that the quickest way to lose a woman is to lie to her; so be honest, and ditch the diplomacy too.
Dr. Aafreen Kotadiya